Thursday, February 19, 2015

You told Me to undress
I said, " I don't know ho-
my walls are so high,
I can;t reach around

Ill start with my buttons
you go brick by brick
I know it'll be hard,
I've built it up thick

And i'm sorry for wasting
so much of your time
but how can I see your heart
when I can't even see mine?

And I will talk about life
and children, and laughter,
the feeling of never getting
what you've been after

And I will cry over reasons
that you'll never find out
And I never really know
what i'm smiling about

And there will be a time
when i know you won't care
because no one ever stays
when I am finally bare.
Check out Brick wall texture by Point and Poem on Creative Market

3 comments:

  1. Im not really sure what to say. Except i love this. except i read it once and then started all over again and then again. Except there are so many beautiful lines in here. Except this is simply incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was good. "And I never really know what I'm smiling about." Me every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. Different. Good. The bricks are clothes, masks, exterior things. Yes.

    ReplyDelete